Kristen over at Adult Ballerina Project started a fun little ballet themed questionnaire. Hope you will play along too! Here are my answers:
1. Would you rather be incredibly naturally flexible or have endless stamina?
I’ve been told that I am pretty flexible, but I’d still pick natural flexibility – it seems so much harder to work up to than stamina!
2. Would you rather take an early morning class (6am) or a late evening class (9pm)?
No doubt – I’d much prefer morning classes. Most adult classes are offered late in the day, and I understand why. But I am much more energetic in the mornings.
3. Would you rather do 32 changements or 32 fouettés?
Fouettes! Actually, I’d be happy with a single fouette since I still can’t land a simple single pirouette consistently! And thinking of 32 fouettes is making me dizzy . . .
4. Would you rather do a développé with proper technique or a higher développé suspecting your instructor doesn´t see you cheat?
Lower with proper technique, of course. I can’t imagine anyone would cheat to get a little more height. Ballet is an art and I’m happy to respect it with my well-below-90-degress legs!
5. Would you rather have beautifully arched feet or perfect legs?
I’m so used to my flat feet I wouldn’t know what to do with an arch! But what are prefect legs?? My legs could definitely be more toned and strong, but they’re long and I wouldn’t trade that. So maybe arches for a day, just to see what they’re like.
If you’d like to participate, you can still add your link to the Adult Ballet Project page. Happy dancing!